ICE REPORTS / REGATTA NOTICE
Good news as we have had reports of sailable ice- Just want to give everyone a general idea of what is going on-
Take all of these reports with a grain of salt as ice is never totally safe as we all know- Take all the usual precautions; Safety lines, ice claws, drill test holes, talk with locals, and work with at least one other person to see if sailing is a good idea.
There is some interesting weather on the way but if we are left with a sailable venue we will make another attempt at holding the Doc Fellows Regatta this weekend- Stay tuned….
With all of that in mind, here we go:
1 Webster Lake in MA was sailed yesterday and no issues were reported, in fact it sounds like a good time was had by all.
2 We have a report of 5″-6″ of ice on Long Pond in Lakeville, MA out on the Cape. I don’t know if it has been sailed or not but it might be worth a second look. Be aware of a pressure ridge separating the north and south parts of the lake.
3 Worden Pond in Wakefield RI was walked and drilled yesterday, we found 3 1/2″ to 6″ thickness and a sailable surface even if a bit bumpy
4 Deep Creek Lake in MD was sailed by the group out there, they reported good sailing through about 2″-3″ of light snow
5 We have heard rumors that Wallenpaupak Lake in eastern PA is frozen and possibly sailable.
If you have details on any of these let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment here on the website-
Be safe and Think Ice!