Today’s The Day NEIYA Event Sat Oct 23th
Today is the day. No additional words are needed except for a call to get on the road.
See you at the NEIYA Annual Event
Be sure to haul out your extra gear and bring it down to the swap meet. Time to commit. Pay your dues.NOTE, you can use any credit card, not just PayPal. I am seeing payments coming through so you are in good company.
Here is a sneak peak for those that are curious
2021 Annual Swap/Event Agenda
Dedicated to Leo Healy
- 10:00 Official Event Opener
- Karen Binder – Registration / Check in
- 11:15 Safety Demo with Jay Whitehair
- How to Properly deploy Throw Rope
- Proper line repack and care
- Sailing into a hole a first hand account
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:30 Meeting Is Called to order
John Stanton – Intro words “Remembering where we come”
- Karen Binder – Submission of last years minutes
- Bob Haag – Treasurer’s Report
- Eben Whitcomb – Nominating Committee recommendations and election of officers for the 2022 season
- COMMIT TO VOLUNTEER
- “T” James Thieler– Race Committee Report
- Charles Silfvenius / Bill Buchholz Hardway Report
- Chad Atkins – IDNIYRA update
- Bill Buchholz – New England Landsailing Update
- John Stanton– Announcing The first ever Club Historian Because he knows where the bodies are buried Stephen Madden has agreed to serve the NEIYA in a new capacity.
- T and John – Schedule of Events
- Racing schedule
- Off ice prep till we sail Three Events
- Southern CT @ Landfall
- MA Boston Area Location TBD
- NH Sunapee area Location TBD
- New Business
- 3:15pm Cal to adjourn…
Come join your fellow NEIYA members and interested individuals
When: Saturday, October 23th, 10:00 am
Where: Thompson Speedway Golf Course, 205 E Thompson Rd, Thompson, CT 06277 https://goo.gl/maps/DbGpTekm4ZLNnV8n7
- There will be door prizes and giveaways for all
- Swap Meet and outside gathering lower parking lot pre-list your items on the NEIYA classifieds
- VC Jay Whitehair will conduct a hands-on throw bag rescue demonstration. It looks easy but someone’s life may rest in your hands so make sure you do it right.
- Lunch and meeting inside and accommodations can be made for outside eating if anyone prefers.
- The golf facilities will be open and if the practice greens are not aerated we could have a casual putting competition. Most of us are sailors, not golfers but we are talking bragging rights. Bring your sticks and a sleeve of balls.
- There will be a land sailor or two set up and Jeff Kent is bringing his DN Landsailing converter kit, the same rig that tore up the tarmac at Loring in September and generated a lot of internet buzz. If the wind cooperates a demo will occur.
- There may also be some amateur track events going on to watch.
- Even though the Covid risks have leveled off, we do ask that everyone follow the prescribed state and federal protocol. It’s about being sure everyone is comfortable and safe and not politics.
|Mail in Form|
Time to crawl out of your covid shell and get ready for the 2022 season.
THINK ICE and let’s make it a great 2022 Season,
P.S. If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns or thought please contact me directly.
P.P.S. We will be moving our meeting venue next year and we are looking to put together a committee to find the best location. If you have any ideas and would like to help plan next year’s meeting please chime in.