Don’t Lose Out on Lunch @ NEIYA Event Sat Oct 23th
If you have not reserved your lunch by paying online or dropping me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) you may end up with an empty bowl and a growling belly. Still on the fence? We promise that this will be far better than the usual gruel you might get while on the road. Reserve your luncheon plate by paying for or letting us know you are coming. We made it easy to pay for your membership online at the same time. Payment options are below. You can check out via credit card or PayPal if you choose.
I’m Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday. Classified items have been coming in. Check out what is already be there or post your items for sale.
Be sure to haul out your extra gear and bring it down to the swap meet. Time to commit. Pay your dues and or buy your lunch. We need to lock in our luncheon headcount. We don’t want to turn anyone away so commit today by paying online. NOTE, you can use any credit card, not just PayPal. I am seeing payments coming through so you are in good company.
If you have some aversion to paying online we of course will accept payment on-site but please email me directly with your intent to come. John@neiya.org so we can plan. Doing so will make Treasurer Bob Haag’s life easier and ease the burden on Karen our Secretary at check-in.
Come join your fellow NEIYA members and interested individuals
When: Saturday, October 23th, 10:00 am
Where: Thompson Speedway Golf Course, 205 E Thompson Rd, Thompson, CT 06277 https://goo.gl/maps/DbGpTekm4ZLNnV8n7
- There will be door prizes and giveaways for all
- Swap Meet and outside gathering lower parking lot pre-list your items on the NEIYA classifieds
- VC Jay Whitehair will conduct a hands-on throw bag rescue demonstration. It looks easy but someone’s life may rest in your hands so make sure you do it right.
- Lunch and meeting inside and accommodations can be made for outside eating if anyone prefers.
- The golf facilities will be open and if the practice greens are not aerated we could have a casual putting competition. Most of us are sailors, not golfers but we are talking bragging rights. Bring your sticks and a sleeve of balls.
- There will be a land sailor or two set up and Jeff Kent is bringing his DN Landsailing converter kit, the same rig that tore up the tarmac at Loring in September and generated a lot of internet buzz. If the wind cooperates a demo will occur.
- There may also be some amateur track events going on to watch.
- Even though the Covid risks have leveled off, we do ask that everyone follow the prescribed state and federal protocol. It’s about being sure everyone is comfortable and safe and not politics.
|2022 Membership and Lunch||$45|
|2022 Membership for one & Lunch x2||$60|
|Mail in Form|
Time to crawl out of your covid shell and get ready for the 2022 season.
THINK ICE and let’s make it a great 2022 Season,
P.S. If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns or thought please contact me directly.
P.P.S. We will be moving our meeting venue next year and we are looking to put together a committee to find the best location. If you have any ideas and would like to help plan next year’s meeting please chime in.