One Week Till The NEIYA Annual Event Sat Oct 23th
Just a week to go till our annual event. This year’s event is dedicated to Leo Healy who as most of you know was one of our founding members and continued to contribute throughout his life. Leo’s signature phrase “Remember there is always thin ice someplace” will forever resonate.
Be sure to haul out your extra gear and bring it down to the swap meet. Time to commit. Pay your dues and or buy your lunch. We need to lock in our luncheon headcount. We don’t want to turn anyone away so commit today by paying online. NOTE, you can use any credit card, not just PayPal. I am seeing payments coming through so you are in good company.
If you have some aversion to paying online we of course will accept payment on-site but please email me directly with your intent to come. John@neiya.org so we can plan. Doing so will make Treasurer Bob Haag’s life easier and ease the burden on Karen our Secretary at check-in.
Come join your fellow NEIYA members and interested individuals
When: Saturday, October 23th, 10:00 am
Where: Thompson Speedway Golf Course, 205 E Thompson Rd, Thompson, CT 06277 https://goo.gl/maps/DbGpTekm4ZLNnV8n7
- There will be door prizes and giveaways for all
- Swap Meet and outside gathering lower parking lot pre-list your items on the NEIYA classifieds
- VC Jay Whitehair will conduct a hands-on throw bag rescue demonstration. It looks easy but someone’s life may rest in your hands so make sure you do it right.
- Lunch and meeting inside and accommodations can be made for outside eating if anyone prefers.
- The golf facilities will be open and if the practice greens are not aerated we could have a casual putting competition. Most of us are sailors, not golfers but we are talking bragging rights. Bring your sticks and a sleeve of balls.
- There will be a land sailor or two set up and Jeff Kent is bringing his DN Landsailing converter kit, the same rig that tore up the tarmac at Loring in September and generated a lot of internet buzz. If the wind cooperates a demo will occur.
- There may also be some amateur track events going on to watch.
- Even though the Covid risks have leveled off, we do ask that everyone follow the prescribed state and federal protocol. It’s about being sure everyone is comfortable and safe and not politics.
|2022 Membership and Lunch||$45|
|2022 Membership for one & Lunch x2||$60|
|Mail in Form|
Time to crawl out of your covid shell and get ready for the 2022 season.
THINK ICE and let’s make it a great 2022 Season,
P.S. If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns or thought please contact me directly.
P.P.S. We will be moving our meeting venue next year and we are looking to put together a committee to find the best location. If you have any ideas and would like to help plan next year’s meeting please chime in.