Melt, Drain/Refreeze and Sail!

We have lost a lot of snow recently!

We asked for it and it rolled through late in the third period. The Zamboni has resurfaced our ice and getting it ready for review and fun.

Conditions are being confirmed and we have favorable reports coming out of most of the usual places. Naming names and starting outside of New England Budd Lake in NJ and Lake Mahopac in NY are both being scouted today. Moving west Bantam in CT is showing some good signs and is being checked out today. Further West off the Mass Pike Quabaug and down I395 Lake Chaubunagungamaug aka Webster Lake will both be looked at today. Reports are very positive out of Maine and it sounds like some of the best and biggest conditions will be had there. As always check out the Chickawaukie Ice Boat Club for the best coverage in that area.

There have to be other places but they have either not been scouted or they are being kept close to the vest. We rely upon condition information please share to our forum or pass it on me, Race Committee Chair T, or any of the officers.

Im not going to say we are in overtime just yet but now is the time to break loose of whatever is holding you back, work etc. As always conditions will vary and do change, sometimes very quickly, ice should not be considered safe until you have confirmed it for yourself. Sail heads up on any new piece of ice. Please be wary of the continued Covid 19 threat and be socially distant and follow all state and local regulations.

Sail Fast, Sail Safe and be safe,


P.S. I will say it again this opportunity will not last get out there and sail.

Comments are closed.