Ice FOUND! – Mashpee-Wakeby Pond, Sandwich Ma
This just in from Rick Bishop. Mashpee-Wakeby Pond in Sandwich MA has consistent 3"-4" of black/grey ice with no snow on top. T
Rick plans to set up his DN early tomorrow (Sunday) and sail. Wind prediction is a bit light. Slight chance of scattered showers.
General Information: Mashpee-Wakeby Ponds are two connected Great Ponds generally considered to be one large body of water covering 737 acres. Wakeby Pond is the northern basin and Mashpee Pond is the southern basin. Average depth is 30 feet and maximum depth is 95 feet.
Launch Area: A large paved boat ramp with a 30-vehicle parking lot is managed by the town of Mashpee. It is located on Fisherman’s Landing Road, to the north of Route 130, just after its intersection with Great Neck Road (70°28’53.07"W 41°39’7.24"N).
- Be aware of and adhere to all local, state, or federal regulations.
- If you have any symptoms get tested and be negative before you go. If in doubt, stay at home!.
- Practice Social Distancing – Easy gauge, the length of a DN plank is eight(8) feet.
- Keep congregating and socializing in the pits and parking areas to a minimum.
- Wear your mask or face covering while setting up, transporting gear to and from your car or trailer, and while setting up.
- The NEIYA will NOT be holding any official after ice activities so plan accordingly.
- Let’s all be safe and keep the safety of others in mind in everything we do.