Sunapee Sailing Saturday, Jan 23rd
Our VC Jay Whitehair will be sailing on Lake Sunapee tomorrow Saturday, Jan 23rd. Launch from State beach park. Excellent space for parking and setup. There are hazards so check with those who have been out before venturing on your own. Launch info below.
Plenty of room for all to cruise and there will be some marks to round as well.
Speaking of marks we have not given up on some regular regattas but the complex web of Covid regulations is making a difficult process even more complex. More on that later.
Lake Wentworth remains good but there are active hazards so be careful. Check with locals. No word on Monomonoc in Rindge NH but will post as soon we know.
There are BIG winds forecast for the region so be careful out there people.
Think Ice, Sail Fast, and Be Safe
While we are all anxious to get out and sail, especially as our season begins, While Covid-19 is still amongst us, we MUST all practice Enhanced Personal Responsibility. Basically, take the personal responsibility that we iceboaters already practice and turn it up a few notches.
Before you go:
- Be aware of and adhere to all local, state, or federal regulations.
- If you have any symptoms get tested and be negative before you go. If in doubt, stay at home!.
- Practice Social Distancing – Easy gauge, the length of a DN plank is eight(8) feet.
- Keep congregating and socializing in the pits and parking areas to a minimum.
- Wear your mask or face covering while setting up, transporting gear to and from your car or trailer, and while setting up.
- The NEIYA will NOT be holding any official after ice activities so plan accordingly.
- Let’s all be safe and keep the safety of others in mind in everything we do.