Canadian DN Champs Notice Of Race
The Kingston DN Guys are going ahead with The 2019 Canadian Championships for this SUNDAY…FIRST RACE PLANNED AT 10:00.
See Notice Of Race below. Be there or be square!
Location, Kingston Yacht Club.
Registration is on site at KYC Sunday Morning between 8 and 9 on shore. Proof of insurance is mandatory.
If you want to sail Saturday you are welcome …we will be but winds are supose to be over 20 knots and we expect (Environment Canada)2 cm of snow.
Ice thickness measured in the Chanel off KYC Harbour is 12″ black as of this post.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Documents to follow when I am able.
Peter Van Rossem Sr.
2019 DN Canadian Championships
Notice of Race
International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association
2019 Championship Regatta
March 17, 2019
The Eastern Region and Regatta Chairman Peter Van Rossem (KC2766) and John Curtis (KC 5514), on behalf of the IDNIYRA, hereby invites all DN iceboaters to the 2019 Canadian Championship Regatta.
· All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority, the Bylaws of the IDNIYRA, the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the NOR, (except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and the Sailing instructions. Sailing Instructions will be given out at registration.
• Races shall be sailed under the rules of the National Iceboat Authority and those of the IDNIYRA.
· The regatta is scheduled for 7 races with ONE throw out.
· No Race will start after 16:00
· The number of Fleets and fleet size will be determined after registration.
· All courses will be a WINDWARD / LEEWARD Inline course with Darling Marks.
· A diagram of the race course is attached below and will be posted on the Official Notice Board located outside the southwest window of the Kingston Yacht Club. No copies will be provided. (Either print your copy or take a photo before you leave the KYC Harbour.)
· All races will be 3 Laps. Time limits as per IDNIYRA Class Rules
· All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the DN official specifications and whose skippers meet the requirements of the bylaws of the IDNIYRA as stated in sections IDNIYRA Regattas are eligible to enter and race in the championships.
· All participants shall provide proof of $300,000 personal liability at time of Registration.
· The primary site for registration is the Kingston Yacht Club, 1 Maitland Steet, Kingston, Ontario, Canada. KYC phone number 613 548 3052. Sailing will be Southwest of the Club House.
REGISTRATION, DEADLINE AND FEE
· Each skipper shall register in person at Kingston Yacht Club between 8-9 am the day of the regatta.
· Entry Fee shall be paid in Cash, $20,00 USD or CDN.
· No entry fee for Junior Skippers (under 25 years of age…Proof or Insurance Required)
· No entry fee will be accepted after the close of registration at 9:30am
· Sailing instructions and course diagram to be available to all competitors at time of final
· All skippers may be required to complete a Safety Test as part of registration.
Canadian Trophy shall be awarded after the regatta is completed. Presentation will be inside the Kingston Yacht Club.
REGATTA CONTACT Peter Van Rossem KC 2766 petervanrossemsr 613-572-2232