NEs and Eastern Postponed 

Hey All,

Steve Madden went full out for us and got up to Lake Memphremagog, VT this afternoon and assessed the launch and plate. Unfortunately it is not to be for course racing as the surface is already soft with some large crystals and some other limiting factors of the venue are not what either Steve or myself would consider championship worthy conditions. The NEIYA New Englands and IDNIYRA Eastern Regional Championships are postponed once again. Thank you Steve!! 

Best, Chad

And from Lake Memphramagog ON for the Weekend. Check 

Posted on March 1, 2018 by billbuchholz

Newport, VT. The cooling temps in the forecast suggest that the ice will remain hard. We will be getting there around noon on Friday and plan to sail all weekend. Accommodations at Newport City Inn and Suites, 802-334-6558.

Big iceboaters dinner party planned for Saturday night. Hundred Mile Race to be called on if conditions allow. Good winds will give times in under three hours. There will also be an attempt to sail north to Magog, but big pressure ridges often prevent this. Come prepared.

Launch at 44.998n x 72.197w. It’s just south of Eagle Point, where the road skirts the lake, about five miles north of Newport. Ramblin Roger drove his van on yesterday, so it should be fine for trailers. The ramp softened a bit at fifty degrees, but he still managed to drive off. (Ice fishermen use this access so be sure to keep it clear.) Temps aren’t supposed to get above mid thirties so that shouldn’t be a problem this weekend. Based on what we’ve been sailing on around here in marginal temps, the nights below freezing should give us a splendid surface on the twenty-four inches of ice.

Sail safe and heads up in conditions. 

Comments are closed.